"The town of Clandonald was founded in 1927 and has 2 churches, 1 convent, 2 schools, 4 grain elevators, 1 creamery, 4 general stores, 1 bank, 3 lumber yards, 1 hotel, 1 restaurant, 120 Clandonald farms (37 C.P. farms and balance H.B. farms). Farms are quarter sections (160 acres) 1/2 mile square. Some are half sections (320 acres) one mile by half mile. The section (640 acres) is one mile square. The colony extends 24 miles by 20 miles. There are 45 families whose names begin with Mac. Scots, Irish, English and Welsh are represented in the colony."
1 map : blueline ; 36 x 42 cm.
Maps; Settlements; Colonies; Emigration & immigration
Items from the Chung Collection can be requested for use in person at Rare Books and Special Collections, UBC Library.
Click here for location and hours.